- 3 locations
- Salary: $14.00 to $24.00 /hour
Reports To: Line Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Primary Reporting Location will be either Hermiston, OR or Hood River, OR.
Telecommunications Lineman is responsible for building, repairing and maintaining poles, cables and conduits for cables. The position also involves the running of fiber optic cable in the telecommunications space, both aerial and in underground infrastructure, such as manholes, ISP work, and other duties as assigned. Telecommunications Lineman is responsible for maintaining the safety of the crew by providing direction regarding procedures, road safety, manhole safety and general on-site project oversight. Telecommunications Lineman is also responsible for the daily record keeping (Fiber route details, slack locations, splice locations, material inventory, DOT Vehicle Inspections, Tailboards, etc.)
Essential Job Functions
Places direct buried cable by operating plowing, digging and trenching equipment. Maintains buried cable by testing and repairing cable. Performs related construction tasks as required.
Maintains right-of-ways by trimming trees, patching roadways and backfill areas, and landscaping. Applies herbicides around pedestals, poles and carrier sites.
Repairs and maintains aerial cable.
Installs and maintains pedestals, poles, carrier sties and equipment at subscriber locations.
Operates digging and trenching equipment as needed.
Performs all other related duties as assigned by management.*
Requied Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of telephone, CATV, and fiber line construction process.
- Knowledge of telecommunications plant operations and maintenance.
- Skill in operating various vehicles and construction equipment.
- Skill in reading specification sheets, staking sheets and cable records.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as maps, staking sheets, and operating and maintenance instruction manuals.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively function as a team player.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 75 lbs.
- Drivers license with insurable record.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Able to pass background check and pre-employment drug screen.
Highly desirable skills:
- Commercial Drivers License
- Pole climbing
- Tower climbing
We are an equal opportunity employer. We are a drug-free workplace.
We request your initial contact be via e-mail at email@example.com
Please send cover letter/resume. We will contact you within 2 weeks if we are interested in setting up a meeting. We will keep your application/resume on file for 6 months. Should an appropriate position become available during that time, you will be contacted