- 3 locations
- Salary: $12.69 to $20.31 /hour
Reports To: GIS Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
The Inspector will be responsible for quality control of fiber placement work designed by the Engineering team and placed by the Construction team or subcontractors. This will include but not limited to Underground and Aerial construction, Handhole placement, Pole attachments, Pole replacements and clearances on poles, as well as other related outside plant construction activities. In addition, the inspector will perform safety assessments.
Essential Job Functions
- Inspect and document fiber placement to match customers specifications
- Identify necessary requirements to successfully attach fiber to a utility pole
- Utilize facility analysis process to analyze work order drawings
- Update work order records in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensures all installation work is done according to company quality standards
- Oversee and identify necessary repairs or remedial work when needed
- Assists with on-site inspections and personal protective equipment (PPE) inspections of employees
- Works closely with construction teams to ensure ongoing quality installation
- Maintains a safe work environment by following safe practices and adhering to safety policies. This includes practicing safe driving techniques
- Updates and improves job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, and reading technical publications
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of telephone, CATV, and fiber line construction process.
Knowledge of telecommunications plant operations and maintenance.
Knowledge of company products and services.
Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
Skill in operating various vehicles and construction equipment.
Skill in reading specification sheets, staking sheets and cable records.
Ability to communicate with co-workers and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as maps, staking sheets, and operating and maintenance instruction manuals.
Ability to pay close attention to detail.
Ability to effectively function as a team player.
Ability to lift a minimum of 60 lbs.
Posses a valid drivers license with an insurable record.
Ability to pass a background check and drug screen.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent plus one year of experience in telephone plant operations, construction and/or equipment maintenance.
This factor measures the surroundings or physical conditions under which a job must be done and the extent to which those conditions make the job disagreeable. Consider the presence and relative amount of exposure to dust, dirt, heat, fumes, contaminants, cold, noise, vibration, wetness, etc.
Somewhat disagreeable working conditions due to the continuous exposure to one or more of the elements listed above. Exposed to one element continuously or several elements occasionally, but usually not at the same time.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We are a drug-free workplace.
We request your initial contact be via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send cover letter/resume. We will contact you within 2 weeks if we are interested in setting up a meeting. We will keep your application/resume on file for 6 months. Should an appropriate position become available during that time, you will be contacted.